The Counseling & Chaplaincy Programs at JFS strive to assist adults, children, adolescents, couples, and families lead more fulfilling, meaningful, and rewarding lives. We all face times in our lives when we feel the need for support and guidance to help us through inevitable life challenges. We offer a diverse array of services, each with the same overarching goal—helping people more effectively live the lives to which they aspire.
More information about each of our counseling-related programs is available by clicking on the service below.
- Counseling & Mental Health – JFS therapists specialize in the assessment and treatment of a diverse range of mental health issues. Counseling is covered by a wide variety of health insurance plans. A subsidized sliding fee based on family income is also available for those without insurance.
- Community Chaplaincy – If you are struggling with life challenges or transitions, feel overwhelmed, or long for a spiritual connection, our Community Chaplaincy Program can provide compassionate spiritual guidance and care.
- PEARLS and PEARLS for Caregivers – Short-term counseling program for older adults (55+) with depression designed to assist individuals develop happier, healthier, and more fulfilling lives. Similarly, PEARLS for Caregivers is a short-term counseling designed specifically for people caring for a loved one who are struggling with low mood or depression.
- Support Groups – JFS offers support groups for individuals dealing with several significant life stressors: the Caregiver Support Group offers assistance to anyone caring for an older adult, while the Grief Support Group offers a nurturing environment of support for individuals as they journey through the grief process.
- Community Support Program – Sometimes life becomes exceedingly challenging or overwhelming. This program provides free short-term phone support for individuals dealing with a host of life stressors.
JFS is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact us at (651) 698-0767.