JFS strives to employ people who believe in its mission, vision, and values and who find great reward and pride in delivering human services to people from all walks of life.
Thank you for your interest in working at Jewish Family Service of St. Paul.
Jewish Family Service of St. Paul annually serves over 1300 older adults and their caregivers in the greater metropolitan area. We are passionate about meeting the mental health needs of older adults and those who care for them through innovative and creative delivery methods. We are expanding our Life Enrichment Action Program (LEAP) and are now hiring for a .5 FTE art therapy position. The art therapist will provide therapy to older adults experiencing depression, dementia and other mental health concerns. Sessions will be conducted with individual clients in their homes as well as with groups of older adults living in senior housing settings.
- MA in art therapy and counseling psychology.
- Background and experience in visual art.
- Experience working with older adults.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Must be comfortable working in clients’ homes.
JFS provides a collaborative team approach. We offer flexible work schedules and have a strong emphasis on maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Reimbursement for licensure fees and financial support for professional development are benefits offered to support an emphasis in continued professional growth. If interested, submit a cover letter and resume to Chris Rosenthal, JFS Director of Aging and Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Executive Officer
JFS is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to lead the highly dedicated, multi-faceted and dynamic organization. The not-for-profit agency offers programs to individuals and families to assist them in obtaining the skills and resources they need to meet life’s challenges with dignity.
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and acts as the main spokesperson for JFS, representing the organization to its varied partners and stakeholders in the Greater St. Paul Area community. The CEO provides strategic, visionary and inspirational leadership by directing all service programs and general operations and taking responsibility for consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader who can reflect passion for the agency’s mission. The ability to build community connections and partnerships is vital. Prior experience managing a social service organization is preferred but not required. JFS has an annual budget of 3 million dollars, 45+ staff, and provides services to over 3,000 clients and community members each year.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years in not-for-profit sector preferably within human service field or related experience
- Passion for Jewish Family Service of St. Paul’s mission
- Ability to build relationships internally and in the community
- Strategic thinking ability
- Demonstrated track record of team building and holding staff accountable for results
- Experience and comfort working with an involved, invested Board of Directors
- Knowledge of Jewish community and culture preferred.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Roger Kramer, Chair of Search Committee at email@example.com. No telephone inquiries please.