JFS strives to employ people who believe in its mission, vision and values and who find great reward and pride in delivering human services to people from all walks of life.
Full time employees enjoy competitive benefits including:
- 403b retirement plan (fully vest on first day of employment)
- 403b matching
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance including license renewal fees and CEU/training reimbursement
Please download and complete the application in the link below, and email it back to email@example.com
Human Resource Generalist
New part-time position to provide human resources leadership and expertise to our agency and staff. The position will be approximately 20 hours per week and will run the daily HR functions and serve as a back-up for the payroll function.
- Manage benefit plans and administering them (submitting payroll, verifying insurance statements)
- Responsible for on-boarding process of new staff
- Train managers including, but not limited to how to interview and how to conduct performance appraisals
- Create and update personnel policies and procedures
- Create and manage personnel files
- Expand recruiting sources including attending job fairs
- Analysis, creates and reviews at least annually salary ranges for each job position and family to ensure within market and aligns with compensation philosophy
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verification.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field required.
- At least two years of generalist human resources experience
- SHRM-CP or PHR/SPHR a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Care Coordination Supervisor
Supervisor for our UCare MSHO/MSC+ and Medica Care Coordination teams. Somali-speaking or social workers from the BIPOC community STRONGLY encouraged to apply.
The Care Coordination Supervisor will provide direct supervision for eight care coordinators, including annual performance appraisals. Responsible for assigning cases, determining caseload sizes, providing ongoing training and support, and perform case audits as required.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work required with coursework in gerontology preferred
- Licensure as a social worker through the Minnesota Board of Social Work (LSW, LGSW, LISW, or LICSW)
- Knowledge of county programs and community based services preferred.
- Experience working with refugee populations and non-English speaking clients a plus.
- Able to work well in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle to use for agency business.