Please provide the following information about JFS to your broker and send an email to Charlie Levine at email@example.com when you have initiated a stock transfer:
Cherokee Investment Services
Jonathan B. Kvasnik
IRA Charitable Distribution
The IRA Charitable Distribution option has been signed into permanent law and from now on, IRA holders 70½ years or older may use all or part of their Required Minimum Distribution to donate up to $100,000 directly to JFS, fulfilling their required distribution. Any amount you donate this way counts toward your Required Minimum Distribution and reduces the taxable amount of your IRA distribution. This lowers your taxable income even if you take the standard deduction, resulting in a lower overall tax liability.
Important Information to Note:
- The deadline for an annual gift is December 31.
- The gift must transfer directly from your IRA custodian to Jewish Family Service of St. Paul (JFS).
- The IRA donation may fulfill an existing pledge, be a new gift, contribute to an endowment fund or a donation to other areas at JFS.
- Make sure your IRA custodian and tax preparer know you are doing this.
- Please ask your IRA custodian to include with the donation: the purpose, your name and that it is from an IRA.