JFS Services Continue
Contact your healthcare provider with questions or to access vaccination information.
During the spread of COVID-19, JFS is committed to keeping staff, visitors and community safe while we continue to provide human services to improve well-being and quality of life.
We continue to closely follow the recommendations and implement best practices provided by the Centers for Disease Control and the Minnesota Department of Health to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Following these guidelines, we have closed our building. All services, including activities and meetings, are taking place remotely until further notice.
JFS remains committed to its mission and will continue to provide an array of human services to help people age in place, provide spiritual comfort, support caregivers, address mental health issues, avert crisis and steady lives. We have proactively increased client contact by calling each person to check on their health and safety.
JFS offers the following services that may be particularly helpful during the management of COVID-19. Visit our website at jfssp.org or call (651) 698-0767 to learn more about all our services.
- Community Chaplaincy. Our community chaplain is a Rabbi with additional training that includes Spiritual Care Emergency Response. Rabbi Liberman is available via telephone to offer support and connection. She will listen, provide insights from the Jewish tradition and acknowledge the challenges being faced by each of us at this time. Contact Rabbi Liberman at (651) 434-4112 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emergency Financial Assistance. JFS offers emergency financial assistance for those who qualify. This assistance helps with emergency expenses related to housing, utilities, transportation and some health expenses. Contact Nancy Cohen at (651) 329-1092 or email her at email@example.com.
- PEARLS (Program to Encourage Active & Rewarding Lives) short-term tele-counseling for older adults. Therapy sessions can be video streamed from any location. Contact Avi Zadaka at (651) 410-7822 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Counseling & Mental Health Services. JFS therapists specialize in the assessment and treatment of a wide range of mental health issues. Counseling is covered by a wide variety of health insurance plans. A subsidized sliding fee based on family income is also available for those without insurance. Contact our main number at (651) 698-0767 or by email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Connection to Community Resources. There are numerous community resources available to ease your burden, both within JFS and elsewhere. JFS will help you identify and access the resources you need. Contact Nancy Cohen at (651) 329-1092 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kosher Meals on Wheels. Click here to learn more about our in-home kosher meal delivery service. There is no age requirement for participation.
Additional resources include:
- United Way 211 can help with food, housing, emergency assistance and more. Call (651) 291-0211 or visit https://www.211unitedway.org/2020/03/16/coronavirus-information-2020/
- TC Jewfolk has published a comprehensive list of community resources for those in need. You can find that list here.
- If your employment has been affected by COVID-19, you can apply for unemployment benefits. The State of MN is taking steps to make the application process a little simpler for those affected.
- Minnesota Department of Health or the Governor’s Office. Both websites have factual information you can trust.
Please visit the JFS website at jfssp.org/events for updates on event cancellations and postponements. We will continue to update our calendar of events as further information becomes available.
If you would like to make a gift to JFS during this time of great need, please donate online at jfssp.org/donate or contact the JFS at (651) 698-0767 or by email at email@example.com.
Helping clients and the community remains the top priority for JFS.
Ruth Hampton Olkon
Chief Executive Officer