JFS Seeks New CEO
Jewish Family Service of St. Paul is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to lead the highly dedicated, multi-faceted and dynamic organization. For over a century, JFS has been a lifeline to people in need. The not-for-profit agency offers programs to individuals and families to assist them in obtaining the skills and resources they need to meet life’s challenges with dignity.
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and acts as the main spokesperson for JFS, representing the organization to its varied partners and stakeholders in the Greater St. Paul Area community. The CEO provides strategic, visionary and inspirational leadership by directing all service programs and general operations and taking responsibility for consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative leader who can reflect passion for the agency’s mission. The ability to build community connections and partnerships is vital. Prior experience managing a social service organization is preferred but not required. JFS has an annual budget of 3 million dollars, 45+ staff, and provides services to over 3,000 clients and community members each year.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years in not-for-profit sector preferably within human service field or related experience
- Passion for Jewish Family Service of St. Paul’s mission
- Ability to build relationships internally and in the community
- Strategic thinking ability
- Demonstrated track record of team building and holding staff accountable for results
- Experience and comfort working with an involved, invested Board of Directors
- Knowledge of Jewish community and culture preferred.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter to Roger Kramer, Chair of Search Committee at email@example.com. No telephone inquiries please.