Seeking Volunteer Energy and Compassion
Are you looking for a way to share your talent and experience with others in the community? You can make a BIG impact by contributing a small amount of time through these new volunteer opportunities.
- Tech-savvy volunteer to assist clients with the technology (iPads) to support our innovative new counseling service for caregivers. This would entail driving to client locations within 30 miles of our agency, setting them up with the tools they need, and/or disconnecting and returning their devices when they complete the 10-week program. Reimbursement for mileage may be provided.
- Socialization and conversation with a client who would like to learn more English. Her primary language is Spanish.
- Data management/process designer for B’Yachad orders and deliveries.
- Business mentor.
- Volunteer time each week to play chess with a client in his home.
- Companion to shadow a client with mild memory loss for three hours each week at JJ Hill Library while she does her volunteer job.
- Event volunteers for “Keeping the Spirit Alive” Dementia Caregivers Conference on Sunday, April 7, 8:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. at Beth El Synagogue in St. Louis Park. Attend the conference at no charge and help with registration, monitor breakout rooms, and provide general assistance and directions to participants.
- Lead JFS Ambassador in our new partnership with Opportunity St. Paul. Help us build a cohort of volunteers to provide reading assistance to lower income children and adults in St. Paul hubs, approximately one hour each week.
If you are interested in learning more about any of these volunteer opportunities, contact Volunteer Engagement Specialist Margie Solomon at (651) 690-8907 or email her here.
As the Passover season approaches, we are once again looking for volunteers for our Passover for All event. This annual community outreach effort, in partnership with Jewish Community Center of St. Paul, provides kosher-for-Passover food and supplies to families in need to help them more fully and joyfully observe the holiday. This is a perfect family mitzvah opportunity. Sign up to volunteer here.