Registration Now Open for Change Makers ForumSeptember 28, 2018
JFS, St. Paul JCC, and Sholom Home East have teamed up to present Change Makers: Thinking of Change on Sunday, November 4, from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m. at St. Paul JCC.
Join us for a day of workshops and panels to explore making change in mid-life and beyond. Come be inspired by stories, experiences and strategies. Rabbi Morris Allen will be the keynote speaker.
12:30 to 1:00 – Registration
1:00 to 1:30 – Keynote Speaker
1:30 to 2:00 – Life Lessons Learned panel moderated by Beth Friend, former MPR host and JCC Adult Program Coordinator
2:15 to 3:15 – Workshop 1. Choose from these five options:
- Making the World a Better Place panel moderated by Beth Pearlman.
- Ten Steps to a Richer and Healthier Life: When Torah Tradition Meets Science Discovery with David Alter Ph.D.
- Encore Adulthood with Dr. Kate Schaefers Ph.D.
- Trapped Between Dreams and Obligations with Paul Boehnke, CPC (Certified Professional Coach).
- Mindfulness for Times of Change with Sara Lynn Newberger, Director of Hineni: Adult Jewish Learning and Contemplative Practices, Talmud Torah of St. Paul.
3:30 to 4:30 – Workshop 2. Choose from these six options.
- Change-makers moderated by Beth Friend, former MPR host and JCC Adult Program Coordinator.
- Writing through Change with Christine Sikorski, poet, editor and writing teacher.
- Paper Collage: Wrinkles are Good with Lucy Rose Fischer, Ph.D., an award-winning gerontologist, author and artist.
- Cultivating Middot (soul traits) for Times of Change with Sara Lynn Newberger, Director of Hineni: Adult Jewish Learning and Contemplative Practices, Talmud Torah of St. Paul.
- Make it REAL (Realistic, Exciting, Action, Mystery Word) with Karen Carr, Certified Professional Life Coach.
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande with Beth Shapiro Johnson, LMFT at Jewish Family Service of St. Paul.
4:30-5:30 Happy Hour; Light refreshments, and a toast to change, informational booths, nutritionist, personal trainer, and “Ask a Millennial” booth.
The cost is $20 in advance; $36 at the door. Financial assistance is available to eliminate barriers to participation. Open to people of all faiths.
Register by October 22 online at https://ttsp.org/thinking-of-change-registration.This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged Change Makers Forum, Jewish Family Service of St. Paul. Bookmark the permalink.