Employment Assistance Program
Contact Nancy Cohen, Employment Specialist, (651) 329-1092.
JFS provides employment services to adult residents age 18 and over of the East Metro. The program works with adults seeking their first job in the United States, as well as those seeking a better job or advancement in a new career, mid-career or late-career. The program partners with the Hubbs Center for Adult Education. Hubbs Center currently serves 400 to 500 adult students, most of whom are refugees or immigrants.
Our Employment Assistance Program can help individuals write their resumes and improve their interview skills.
Additional services available include:
- vocational assessment to explore appropriate careers.
- access to limited training funds to earn required credentials and certificates.
- assistance with online job search.
- assessing barriers to success.
- soft skills training to improve interview and communication skills and write a better resume.
- assistance with long-term career goal development.
- transportation assistance in the form of bus cards during job search and first month of employment.