Employment Opportunities at JFS
JFS is currently seeking applicants for a Disability Services Case Manager, with a deadline of July 15, 2018.
Job Title: Case Manager, Disability Services
Program/Department: Aging and Disability Services
Supervisor: Disability Services Program Manager
Date Prepared/Updated: 02/15/2018
Purpose and Qualifications for Job:
The purpose of the position is to provide comprehensive case management services for disabled adults residing in the community. Typical case load involves serving individuals with complex medical and mental health diagnoses and developmental disabilities. This position requires meeting Disability Service program requirements as outlined by Ramsey County Human Services and Jewish Family Service. This position also involves outreach and participation/collaboration with the Jewish community and beyond.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work or RN, current license is necessary.
- At least two years of supervised experience in community case management, experience with disability service programs preferred.
- Experience working with clients with complex mental and physical health conditions necessary.
- Knowledge of county programs and community-based services preferred.
- Ability to qualify as a QDDP – Qualified Developmental Disability Professional – preferred.
- Familiarity with the Jewish religion, community and culture is a plus.
- Able to work well in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle to use for agency business.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Case management for assigned clients on CADI, DD, CAC, BI waivers or with Rule-185 or VADDTCM eligibility.
- Interpret and review assessment results and information from MNChoices assessment.
- Using person-centered approach, create unique care plan based on assessed needs. Identify services and supports needed as well as goals and dreams of individual. Update care plan as needed.
- Coordinate and manage service and supports as outlined in the care plan.
- Monitor waiver budget and service agreements to ensure payment of contract providers.
- Ensure that HIPAA, release of information forms, etc. are completed and signed as required.
- Make referrals to other agencies (formal and informal) as appropriate.
- Assist with transitions including hospitalizations, rehabilitation, and nursing home placements.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation.
- Attend Ramsey County Disability Service trainings as required by your supervisor and/or contract requirements.
- Participate in team meetings and case consultation discussions.
- Participate in committees (JFS, community partnerships) as assigned.
- Attend agency staff meetings, staff development activities and special events;
- Provide backup coverage for the Disability Services program and other Senior and Disability Service programs as needed.
- Adhere to NASW Code of Ethics, personnel practices and other designated policies and procedures.
- Follow agency procedures and maintain complete and professional case records. Complete necessary tasks in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Pursue professional growth through continuing education opportunities directly relevant to the above described job responsibilities.
- Carry out regulations of assigned programs.
- Perform other job duties as required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Combination of walking, sitting, and standing in an office setting. Driving to appointments outside of the office during the workday as needed. Constant reading, writing and verbal communication. Occasional lifting, stooping, kneeling, bending or climbing.
TYPICAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Indoor office environment. Works with and around others. Home visits to clients on a regular basis.
TYPICAL MOTOR/MENTAL DEMANDS:
Typically works indoors. Constant contact with program participants, other staff, referring professionals, and employers. Position requires flexibility in scheduling and carrying out priorities. Must be able to handle and resolve stress.
Constant use of telephone, daily use of computer and occasional use of facsimile. Frequent driving – mileage is reimbursed.
This job description is intended to represent the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not meant to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, and may be subject to revisions or exceptions at any time at the discretion of management.