Employment Opportunities at JFS
JFS is currently accepting applications for two openings:
Executive Administrative Assistant – to support our Executive Director in an extremely fast paced office environment. The EAA will plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects and goals, work and communicate with board, staff, volunteers and donors, manage and maintain the ED’s emails, files and meeting schedules, assist with donor management software, draft and proof correspondences, meeting agendas, and minutes, and anticipate the needs of the E.D. Must possess excellent communication skills, attention to details, problem solving skills, positive attitude and commitment to the work of the agency
Life Enrichment Specialist – Dementia Coach to deliver face-to-face interventions to older adults in their homes, who are experiencing depression. This position also will provide coaching to individuals with dementia (early state) and their caregivers. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Chris Rosenthal at email@example.com
Executive Administrative Assistant
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent people skills
- Efficient, organized and resourceful
- Self-starting personality who can work well with limited direction
- Ability to organize workload and prioritize projects
- Detail oriented, with demonstrated ability to perform accurate work.
- Excellent proofreader
- Ability to think critically, and offer solutions to problems
- Ability to remain calm during times of stress
- Provide backup assistance for various departments and managers including reception as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience providing high-level executive support required
- Knowledgeable about non-profit organizations
- Experience with working with donors and volunteers
- Experience working with databases
- Experience working within a small company setting desired
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and Jewish culture is desired
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Job Type: Full-time
|· Executive Administrative Assistant: 3 years
· AA degree
Life Enrichment Specialist – Dementia Coach
Master’s degree in social work (LICSW) or counseling.
Experience working with older adults experiencing mental health issues and/or dementia preferred.
An interest in and experience with the utilization of the creative arts to address older adult depression and quality of life issues is a plus.
Previous caregiver coaching experience is desired, but not necessary.
Must have a car and be comfortable working in clients’ homes.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver the PEARLS (Program to Enhance Active Rewarding Lives for Seniors) intervention to older adults experiencing depression, working with clients in their homes.
- Provide dementia coaching to a) individuals recently diagnosed with dementia and to 2) caregivers caring for an individual experiencing dementia at all stages of the disease. Coaching services are also primarily provided in clients’ homes.
These responsibilities include:
- Contact new referrals to determine appropriateness/eligibility for PEARLS or dementia coaching.
- Report back to referrals sources (unless self-referring client) with outcome of referral.
- Communicate and update client’s primary care provider regarding clients’ progress/outcomes.
- Schedule in-home sessions with clients.
- Complete all record keeping required for PEARLS interventions and dementia coaching in agency data base/client chart.
- Participate in bi-weekly consultations with Advanced Practice Nurse and JFS mental health counselor.
- Attend LEAP and dementia team meetings as requested.
- Participate in all trainings as required for position.
- Present information/presentations regarding the LEAP and Dementia coaching programs to outside community entities as requested by the ADS director.