Employment Opportunities at JFS
Lead Counselor/Project Coordinator
Supporting Older Adults and Caregivers Experiencing Depression
Jewish Family Service of St. Paul annually serves over 1300 older adults and their caregivers in the greater metropolitan area. We are passionate about meeting the mental health needs of older adults and those who care for them through innovative and creative delivery methods.
We are expanding our Life Enrichment Action Program (LEAP) and are adding a new 1.0 FTE position, Lead Counselor/Project Coordinator. This position has a dual role in the “Supporting Older Adults and Caregivers Experiencing Depression” project; 1) delivering an evidence-based program (PEARLS) to older adults and caregivers in-person in their homes and via a newly launched tele-counselling option, and 2) provide coordination and outreach support for the project.
- A Master’s degree in social work or in another counseling-related discipline.
- Experience working with older adults as well as knowledge of mental health issues impacting older adults and caregivers.
- Experience in program development, management, evaluation and data collection.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Must be comfortable working in clients’ homes and experience/willingness to use technology to deliver services.
JFS provides comprehensive training and a collaborative team approach. We offer flexible work schedules and have a strong emphasis on maintaining a healthy work/life balance. Reimbursement for licensure fees and financial support for professional development are benefits offered to support an emphasis in continued professional growth.
If interested, submit a cover letter and resume to Chris Rosenthal, JFS Director of Aging and Disability Services at email@example.com.