Support the Tree of Life SynagogueOctober 31, 2018
Our colleagues at JFCS in Pittsburgh have asked us to reach out to the global community to write letters of support to the bereaved and injured victims and their families. Please click the following link to write a letter of support: jfcspgh.org/communitysupport.
In times of great tragedy, people want to help. Donate to JFCS Pittsburgh at https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/jfcspgh/, write a letter of support, and join a local vigil in memory of those lost.
Below you’ll find a few links to resources which we have found to be very helpful when talking to children about terrorism and anti-Semitism. We are also including resources for supporting adults and older adults.
- Helping Children Cope With Terrorism
- Helping Children Cope With Frightening News
- Talking To Children About Tragedies
- How To Talk To Your Children About Anti-Semitism
- From the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Supporting Holocaust Survivors during Anti-Semitic Incidents
- From the National Child Traumatic Stress Network